About Our Market
Thank you for your interest in becoming a vendor at the South Durham Farmers’ Market! Applications for the 2021-2022 season are now open. Thanks to all the vendors who applied, and we look forward to showcasing our new family of vendors!
- The South Durham Farmers’ Market is excited to be in our ninth market season in one of the Triangle’s fastest growing communities.
- Our vendors are qualified farmers, prepared food artisans, or craftspeople who reside and grow or create their products within a 50 mile radius of our market location at the Greenwood Commons Shopping Center at 5410 NC Highway 55 Durham, NC 27713. Our farmers and vendors offer some of the best produce, meats, and other goods in the area.
- We are open each Saturday from April – October from 8am to noon and November – March from 9am to noon. We also hold a special Pre-Thanksgiving Market every Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Please note that we are open rain or shine. You will be able to designate your calendar preferences at the time of application.
- Application Fee (nonrefundable): $30
- Annual membership fee (due only upon acceptance):
- General Membership/Day Vendor $100 EXCEPT,
- Cooperative Member Fee is $40 for each Cooperative Member
- Daily stall fees:
- $20 Summer Season Stall (April – October)
- $15 Winter Season Stall (November – March)
- Before submitting your application, please take a moment to review the 2021-2022 market rules market bylaws. Prepared food and craftspeople should place additional consideration on our evaluation priorities for the use of local ingredients and materials and contact us if they have any questions.
- We will be accepting applications from new vendors for the 2021-2022 market season through midnight January 15, 2022. Any applications that have not been completed and submitted by this date will not be considered.
- Existing vendors at the SDFM must submit their application by midnight December 31, 2020.
- Application Instructions:
- We will review applications during the month of February. You will receive an email regarding acceptance (pending inspection) or rejection by February 29, 2021.
*Please send all checks to
The Farmers Organization of Durham Corporation
323 East Chapel Hill Street
P.O. Box 295
Durham, NC 27701
**All prepared food items, meat, fish, and cheese must meet state and local health regulations at the time of application – including the inspection of the prepared foods seller’s kitchens by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture health inspectors. Sellers of meat and fish must have valid licenses. Wild harvested products must adhere to all NC and federal laws. If you are a new vendor and have not yet acquired the required licenses/certificates or are not sure what is required, please contact us prior to submitting your application (and well ahead of the application deadline). Please upload all certificates and licenses via Manage My Market based on the product selection that you choose.
Have questions? Need help?
Please feel free to contact our Market Manager via the contact page.