Originally from community member Moria Brass
- 2 large bunches of broccoli rabe, chopped
- 6-10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb spicy hot Italian sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Tin of anchovies
- Dry white wine
- 1-2 lbs pasta of your choice
- Cook sausage in pan over medium heat, breaking up into small chunks; when fully cooked remove from pan with slotted spoon and let drain on paper towels. Add diced red pepper to pan with leftover fat, cooking until tender, remove from pan with slotted spoon.
- If more oil is needed, add olive oil before adding onion to pan. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic sautéing garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add anchovies stirring until they are dissolved.
- Mix in rapini and white wine before covering and cooking for 5-6 minutes or until rapini is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat and cool before blending in a food processor until texture of coarse pesto. (If sauce needs thinning, add warm water used to boil pasta.) Transfer to medium bowl. Toss with cooked sausage, bell pepper and pasta. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Please follow and like us: