- 3 gluten free cookies
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups fresh chevre (we recommend starting with plain chevre, but try experimenting with different flavors for new and exciting cheesecakes!)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs + 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup kefir
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ vanilla bean, scraped of it’s seeds
- Pinch of Kosher or sea salt
- 2 cups berries of choice
- ¼ cup sugar
- Optional fresh mint, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line the bottom of a spring form pan with a round of parchment paper.
- In a food processor or large zip-top bag, crush cookies to a crumbly meal. Add melted butter and combine until crumbs resemble wet sand.
Press cookie crumbs into bottom of pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool while you assemble cheesecake filling. Reduce oven to 355°.
- In bowl of food processor, combine all filling ingredients except for eggs. Once smooth, add in eggs and pulse 5-6 times until fully incorporated, being careful not to overwork eggs.
- Pour filling into crust and bake for 30-35 minutes. The center of the cheesecake should jiggle slightly when you remove it, but not be liquid. Allow to cool between 4 hours and overnight before serving.
- To make the compote, combine berries and ¼ cup sugar. Toss well, let sit for 30 minutes, and place over top cheesecake. Garnish with fresh mint if desired.