Originally from community member Derek Treuer
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 pieces ginger, fresh, size and thickness of a 25-cent coin
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 each chilis, serrano, chopped, seeded
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsps cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1.5 tsps sea salt
- 30 ozs chickpeas, cooked
- Pulse onion, ginger, garlic, chiles, coriander, and cumin in small food processor to create a pungent and aromatic blend. All will look bruised but still be fairly whole.
- Heat oil in medium sauce pan over medium heat. Stir-fry the veg mix, stirring often, until browned, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juices and the salt, scraping the fond. Pour in 1 cup of water and add the chickpeas. Stir. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low. Simmer about 15 minutes, letting the sauce thicken slightly. Serve warm with all-wheat griddle breads.
Please follow and like us: