- 6 pounds ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 celery sticks, coarsely chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper, halved and seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Heat large pot over medium-low heat and add tomatoes. Lightly simmer for 15 minutes or until tomatoes yield most of their juices. Pour contents of pot through a fine mesh colander or cheese cloth into a food processor, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor and pulse until well blended, approximately 2 minutes. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least two hours. Serve with the traditional fresh celery stick or with pickled okra as we did at the market.
- Goat Chops with Tapenade
- Collards with Raisins