Recipe contributed by vendor Kathryn Spann
- 8 to 10 goat chops
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 lb. eggplant, cut into long strips ½ inch thick & brushed with olive oil
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Season the chops with 1 teaspoon olive oil, salt, garlic and rosemary and set aside.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and lay eggplant onto grill, cooking until lightly browned and soft (~3 minutes per side). Combine grilled eggplant, olives, capers, basil, lemon juice and remaining olive oil in food processor and pulse until ingredients are coarsely chopped and well-incorporated. Season to taste with salt.
- Grill chops until exterior is lightly charred and interior is medium-rare, 3-4 minutes per side. Let chops rest 5 minutes before serving. To serve, divide chops among plates and spoon tapenade alongside. Tapenade is also delicious on crostini!