- 4 ears corn, shucked and rinsed
- 2 large peaches, peeled, halved and with stone removed (peel the peaches if desired or if you are allergic; we find that the skin adds a nice texture to this salsa)
- 1 large tomato
- 1 handful basil
- 1 hot pepper of choice
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over a hot grill or griddle, char corn until about half the kernels are toasted. Allow some to remain yellow to keep lots of color in the salad! Set aside and allow to cool.
- Place peaches flesh side down on the grill and sear until marks form. Turn over and sear on the skin-side, rotating and grilling to create a diamond pattern. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- While corn and peaches cool, chop tomatoes. Finely dice hot pepper (remove seeds and ribs if you like a less hot salsa). Chiffonade basil. Add to a large bowl and toss together.
- Once cool to the touch, carefully slice kernels from ears of corn. Add to bowl with other salsa ingredients. Roughly chop peaches. Add to bowl, along with all juices.
- Zest lime over salsa, add juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving, preferably over night.
Please follow and like us: