Originally From ChelseasMessyApron.com
- 2 cups (~3) medium sweet potatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4.3 ounces wild rice of your choice
- 1 large apple
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 8-10 ounces mixed greens lettuce
- Optional: crumbled goat cheese
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Peel and chop the sweet potato into small chunks. Toss the potato chunks in 1 tablespoon olive oil plus some salt and pepper. You could also add some other seasonings if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip and return to the oven for another 10 minutes, and then flip once more and bake for 10 more minutes or until the potato chunks are tender and roasted through. Watch these carefully so you don’t overcook the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the wild rice either according to the package directions if you are using a package mix OR according to the directions in the recipe below this one (for a homemade version of seasoned wild rice). If you make the homemade wild rice, start with making that before roasting the sweet potato so they will be done around the same time.
- Combine the roasted sweet potato with the cooked wild rice in a large bowl and place in the fridge while prepping the dressing.
- For the dressing combine all of the ingredients in a small blender or a food processor. Blend until completely combined, taste, adjust to personal preference, and then pour into a dressing bottle or mason jar and place in the fridge.
- Chop up an apple (you can peel if desired) and an avocado (remove skin and pit). Toss both together with the 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Add to the cooled potato + wild rice mixture. Toss with the lettuce and add cranberries plus almonds (you can toast almonds if desired by placing them in a dry skillet over medium heat and stirring until lightly fragrant watching carefully to not burn them.)
- Toss everything with the dressing and add in some feta or crumbled goat cheese to personal preference. Increase the amounts of cranberries or almonds if desired.
- Once dressed enjoy the salad the same day. If not finishing the salad in one day check my notes for storing the salad ingredients separately to keep it fresh.
Please follow and like us: