- 1 large hot pepper, or two small ones, diced
- 2 large sweet peppers, sliced thin
- ½ head of cauliflower, cut into ½” chunks
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- 1 medium onion, halved and slivered
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons high heat oil
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 9-10 corn tortillas, halved
- 4 ounces fresh cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Lightly oil a large shallow roasting pan or rimmed cookie sheet.
- Place peppers, cauliflower, sweet potato, onion, and corn kernels onto cookie sheet. Drizzle oil and sprinkle the cumin and minced garlic over top. Season with salt and pepper, then use your hands to mix everything together. Spread the vegetables evenly in the pan. Roast for 30-40 minutes until vegetables are tender and begin to brown. Shake the pan every 10 minutes for even roasting. Remove pan from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350 °.
- Grease a 9×9 baking dish. Toss vegetables with cilantro. In your baking dish, layer tortillas, roast vegetables, cheese, and spinach. Repeat until you are out of ingredients.
- Cover with foil, bake for 20 minutes, then bake for 10 minutes uncovered. Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
Please follow and like us: