Recipe from community member Amy B.
- Olive Oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, chopped
- 1 teaspoon each ground coriander, sweet paprika, and ground cumin
- 6 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. Add the onions, bell peppers garlic, spices, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until it begins to reduce, about 10-12 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Using a spoon, make 6 indentations, or “wells,” in the tomato mixture (make sure the indentations are spaced out). Gently crack an egg into each indention.
- Reduce the heat, cover the skillet, and cook on low until the egg whites are set.
- Uncover and add the fresh parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
Please follow and like us: