Recipe from community member Derek Treuer
- 7 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 cup kidney beans, cooked
- 14 ounces canned tomatoes, fire roasted
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- Press tofu (using a weight) between 2 absorbent towels for 15 minutes. Mince garlic cloves. Dice onions and bell pepper.
- Heat oil in large pot. Crumble in tofu, add Worcestershire sauce, mix and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add diced onions, peppers, chili powder, cumin, and chipotle powder. Stir well; cook until veggies are barely tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and beans. Bring to a slow simmer. Cover and cook for at least 45 minutes.
- Garnish as desired: guacamole, chopped white onions, chopped jalapeños.
Please follow and like us: